Friday 30 December 2016

Summary

The breif was to create a lively, fun and vibrant 80's style cafe in a garage/storage space in a Melbourne city lane way. The client mentioned they wanted a retro feel.

To create an 80's retro style theme I incorporated a retro colour scheme of teal, orange and grey wall colours to accompany the polished concrete floor. On the concept board I have included retro cafe furniture that could also be used to add a retro touch, an industrial/retro pendant light, a retro coloured print and spotlights to enhance the artwork.

I approach the tasks by researching the 80's and decided to stick to the retro style that I found. During the research I discovered that using LED lights would be a more energy efficient option.

The colour palette shown in the concept board is teal, oranges and grey with wood finishes and metal. I think this colour scheme will create a lively/fun feel to the cafe and still tie in with the cafes industrial surroundings. I think incorporating more retro colours such as bright pinks, oranges, and yellows into the table stationary and tying them in with the pendant lights, artworks and pot plants will harmonize them all together well.

Use of hire lights will ensure there is no safety hazards when installing the lighting and carrying out other tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment